- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
- March 11: Toyota Recalls Vehicles For Power Steering and 'Neutral' Problems
- March 8: Toyota Prius Gas Mileage Lawsuit Not Out of Gas
- March 5: Toyota Yaris Recalled in Puerto Rico to Fix Headliner Problems
- February 17: Toyota Recalls Tacoma and Yaris In Two Actions
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 2 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 82,586 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 159 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (94 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (28 reports)
- replace engine (23 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (8 reports)
- replaced with heavier oil grade (2 reports)
- dealer said it's normal (1 reports)